The DHE AU instant water heaters deliver hot water with precision. Comfort is the number one priority as the DHE AU 18 and DHE 27 AU deliver hot water exactly to the degree. Utilising 4i Technology, the intelligent fully-electronic water heater compensates for fluctuations in pressure and temperature and using its series of sensors it precisely regulates the hot water output. This ensures that you get your requested hot water temperature to the degree.
Made in Germany, high quality design from STIEBEL ELTRON.
- Accurate delivery of the required hot water temperature, the DHE automatically adjusts flow to precisely deliver the selected temperature
- Electronically controlled to accurately regulate the output water temperature, compensates for fluctuations in pressure and temperature changes
- Bare wire element complete with pressure-tested copper casing is suited to both soft and hard water areas
- Electronic safety system with air detection
- Memory function and shower functions
- WaterMark approved, licence number WMKA00301, AS3498
- Temperature selection between 20-60Â° Celsius
- Pre-heating capabilities: can accept pre-heated water (up to 55Â°C), e.g. for reheating with a solar heating system
- Compact space saving design for installation flexibility
- No safe tray, flue or ventilation required
- Easy to read backlight display, changes from amber to green when operating in an ECO mode
- Display showing the current water and energy consumption
- Economy monitor shows energy, water and CO2 savings compared to a hydraulic instantaneous water heater
Available in two electrical sizes:
- DHE 18 AU - 19.4kW, 27 Amps per phase, three phase 415V
- DHE 27 AU - 29.1kW, 40 Amps per phase, three phase 415V
- 5 year full parts and labour domestic warranty*
*Conditions apply - refer to warranty policy for full details.
|Model number||DHE 18 AU||DHE 27 AU|
|Rated output (415V)||19.4kW||29.1kW|
|Rated current (415V)||27Amp||40Amp|
|Electrical installation||As per AS/NZS3000|
|Installation requirements||AS/NZS3500.4.2 & local requirements|
|Switch on flow rate (minimum flow rate required to switch on the water heater)||2.5L/min||2.5L/min|
|Permissible operating pressure||1000kPa||1000kPa|
|Weight (filled with water)||4.9kg||4.9kg|
|Approvals||WaterMark Lic No. WMKA00301, AS3498|
|For one/several draw off points||Yes/Yes||Yes/Yes|
|Heating system||Bare wire||Bare wire|
|Electronic flow rate control||Yes||Yes|
|Electronic air detection system||Yes||Yes|
|Accepts pre-heated water (solar)||Yes (incoming hot water must not exceed 55Â°C)|
|Wellness shower programs||4||4|
|ECO energy & water function||Yes||Yes|
|DHE Data Sheet||Data Sheet||
|DHE AU Operation Installation||Operation and Installation Guide||
|DHE AU Warranty||Warranty||
|STIEBEL ELTRON Brochure DHE AU||Brochure||
|Revit File of STIEBEL ELTRON's DHE AU||Technical Drawing||
|STIEBEL ELTRON Tech Line Drawing DHE AU||Technical Drawing||
|Model & Serial Number Location||Serial Number Location||
Contact your local energy provider and inform them of your address. They will be able to let you know if you have 3 phase power available at your address.
You will need to check with your electrician to find out how much 3 phase power is available in "Amps per phase". The DHE 18 AU water heater requires 27 Amps per phase, whereas the DHE 27 AU requires 40 Amps per phase.
You will need to confirm the amperage supply to the hot water unit from the circuit breaker in the switchboard. Please contact us to confirm the appropriate instantaneous electric hot water system.
As a general rule, the instant hot water system required will be based on the number of hot water outlets the hot water system needs to service, along with the incoming cold water temperature. As a general guide in an apartment/house with 1 bathroom, a 19.4kW three-phase electric instantaneous water heater (e.g. DHE 18 AU, DEL 18 AU or DHB-E 18 AU) is suitable. In a house with 2 bathrooms, a 28-29.1kW three-phase electric instantaneous water heater (e.g. DHE 27 AU, DEL 27 AU or DHB-E 27 AU) should be selected.
Underneath the dial that adjusts the temperature there is a flap that pulls forward and then drops down. A rating label is located up under the flap showing the model and size – DHE 18 AU or DHE 27 AU. Within the downloads section of the DHE you can download a pdf showing you exactly where and how to locate this sticker.
The DHE 18 AU and DHE 27 AU can deliver hot water at 60Â°C. If supplying hot water for a domestic bathroom, the plumbing regulations require the installation of a temperature control device to supply water not exceeding 50Â°C. Alternatively, the STIEBEL ELTRON DEL AU instantaneous electric water heater may be a suitable choice which delivers hot water not exceeding 50Â°C in accordance with AS3498. Click on the DEL AU product to find out more.
The water heater can be installed almost anywhere due to its compact size. The water heater does not require ventilation, relief drain or safe trays so it can be installed in a cupboard, in the roof space, below the sink, in a service cavity, in a Euro laundry just to name a few options. If installing outdoors, the hot water system must be protected from the elements by a protective covering such as a meter box.
This DHE 21 is no longer available and has been replaced by the DHE 18 AU three phase electric instantaneous water heater.
The DHE AU water heaters are designed to be installed as close as practical to the most used hot water outlet. Installing closer to the point of use can help to save water and energy by delivering hot water quickly to the outlet. The STIEBEL ELTRON 3 phase electric instantaneous water heaters are designed to service multiple outlets located several metres away from the system.
Compared to a storage hot water unit an electric instantaneous water heater can be up to 30% more efficient. This is due to the water heater not storing any hot water and not incurring heat losses from storing a body of hot water.